Monday, October 8, 2012

Do Not Take This Joe Lightly 

Vice President Joe Biden is an asset and we should be proud to have him.A No Bullshit Straight Talking man with respect and empathy for all and if you don't know that You don't know Joe.

Joe Biden is the real deal. He speaks from the heart and is truly on the side of the little guy.

I was a RR Freight Conductor,as well as Passenger and Commuter in the New England,NY,NJ,and the Northeast Corridor.

I saw it all, and when we had to deal with short sighted paid for adversity he was there,he takes in both sides and gets fair resolution,much like Speaker of the House Tip O'Neill did.

When our Union was trying to hold on to some work rules from the hey days of Railroading that were ridiculous to still have,it was my understanding that Joe was instrumental in getting my Union Heads to remember to give in order to get,something I had been booed for saying at meetings where I was a "Stu" compared to the staunch 40 years Service Local Union President I was trying to convince was fearful of giving up anything that had been gained after being on  the short end of the stick for so long and I could understand given the history  some of these guys had actually witnessed.
At one time over 2200 Brakeman would die in a year for zilch due to safety issues.
The Westinghouse Air Brake System was invented and was capable of completely eliminating the hazard,but Railroad Barons had to be forced to implement it as they could just as easy get another poor smuck to take the place of a dead Brakeman.

Unions stopped that. And Joe for Unions.But not foolish rules.                                     

But now it was time to accept some changes in order for Rail Service to survive and he stepped up.

Plus he has immense insight into Foreign Affairs and knows the Cold War is over,as well as the Spanish Inquisition and that Galileo  was right and the Church wrong and that Climate Change is REAL.

He has handled loss and adversity in his personal life that would crush many and with grace and determination rose up to become one of the most respected Legislators having authored too many important Bills to go into here.

What has Ryan done.Nothing.

And if you can tell me the stuff that he's said,is so called gaffs is worst than what has come out of Ryans pie hole,let alone Mitt,I would not agree.

I could be wrong,I thought O would destroy Mitt,but I think Joe will do just fine against the Wisconsin Shirker in Stink,and reset the stage for Barack to wipe out Mitt in his next debate.



No comments:

Post a Comment