Thursday, September 6, 2012

Democratic Values


On St Patricts Day this year I was rushed to the hospital where my friends were told I was in ICU, not expected to make it to the morning.
It was only because of the efforts of the Paramedics that I even made it there.Even as my heart threatened to burst from Hypertension and I was unable to breath they stablized me on the way and the ER was ready for me.
This was bad.
But the Doctors and Nurses fought for my life and I fought right along with them as much as I could and they made me beat the odds,once again.
You see this was my third brush with the Reeper in 4 years.
Doctors, Nurses and Medicine had saved me because I"m lucky enough to have  Healhcare.The same Healthcare I fought for everyone to have.
And although what we got is not perfect it is a start and provides millions with coverage.How could I look myself in the mirror knowing others were being denied this by people who had it for themselves and their families but are more concerned for HealthCare Providers Profits than insuring everyone was covered.Democratic Leadership helps us all.
What kind of Country cares so little for its citizens that they would not provide this basic need !
When I left the Hospital  there were smiles hugs and even a few tears,a life saved.
 I knew once again that this is part of  the right to happiness we so value.To not have to worry about getting care and going broke trying to pay for what they need to keep them alive.
Even though I found out in June Liver Cancer had returned and a week after that I was told I had Lung Cancer also and then yesterday new scans revealed they were worst than thought, nothing scares me except the fact that my HealthCare will be taken from me because I failed to convince people about the perils of electing Mitt Romney and so called Republicans that would destroy Medicare,Medicaid and repeal the ACA.
Unless you are rich, if you get sick as me,and many are far sicker, you will never be able to afford your needs.
I know I might have as few as eight months if the Liver Cancer can't be controlled and if I'm fortunate enough that it does stablize, I will be looking at Lung Surgery to remove a tumor.
I'm resigned to my fate and have been since I was first diagnosed in 2010 with a rare type of Primary Liver Cancer but  had a successful Resection because it was caught so soon.
But  it has metastasized to a adrenal gland as well as reappeared in my Liver.It's inoperable. I'm on a promising drug and no one is throwing dirt in my face yet.
So while I'm here I'll continue to push for the defeat of those who would repeal the Affordable Care Act.
Just as they have tried to repeal most every other thing ever done in this Country to help those not as successful as them.
How arrogant and devoid of ethics and morals can you be.
They should stop talking about Christ and start acting like him.

No comments:

Post a Comment