Saturday, August 4, 2012

Yesterday I found out I had Lung Cancer on top of Liver Cancer that has returned after 2 1/2 years.Having waited since April to find out ,they spotted it when I was in ICU for my heart and respiratory ills, I'm actually relieved to know,but not surprised as I smoked for over 40 years.
I'm lucky though as I have the best of care from UW Medical and the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance and the support of Family and Friends.
I want to make sure everyone has access to Affordable  Health Care, as I do, and will continue to work towards that goal as I have for the last decade.
I want to say one thing, and we were all told this and many like myself,did not prioritise it.I see many more young people taking up smoking now after a decline for years.We need to convince them to stop because every Doctor I've talked to says most of the damage is done right away and lays domant until ones latter years so it's important to not even start and I see little public messaging of that.
I don't mean to be preachy as I'm sure many of you already have spoken on this to your younger family and friends,but just a reminder in case you haven't as we all are facing so many challenges these days it's difficult to prioritize.

No comments:

Post a Comment